Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Where did all the good people go?

Recently I've come to realize just how rare it is to find someone who isn't bullshitting you about something. The cruel truth of the matter is that honesty is a dying trait. People will lie and plot just to get what they want out of you no matter who it is. Don't get all holier-than-thou on me because you're a liar too. Be real. Everyone's intentions are selfish, its human nature. To be frank I believe that a little bit of lying is necessary in the world we live in (which honestly makes me wretch that this is what it's come to). To get anywhere in life you have to lie and sneak your way ahead of the pack. Not because our society openly condones it, but because if you don't the jack ass next to you will and you lose out on an opportunity. It just doesn't pay to be ethical or honest anymore. You have a disadvantage nowadays if you abide by your morals because it's such a scarcity to find someone who won't bend and break their own to get what they want. I want to instill in at least ONE person the thought that being true to yourself and to others is far more advantageous than being wicked and deceitful to receive instant gratification. Why doesn't anyone want to work for anything anymore? Why is being real work? Why is it to hard to just say what you mean, and do what you say? I'm so fucking fed up with the mask that everyone has one. I feel like I'm the only one with the blind fold off, and it's fucking ugly out here. Does anyone miss being able to trust what someone has to say to you? I sure do. I don't think I've heard the honest to goodness truth in years... Someone save me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment